hGH (Human Growth Hormone)
Draw tube or plastic pour off tube
- 2-8 C up to 48 hours
- -20C for up to 12 months
CLIA (Chemiluminescent Immunoassay)
- Total population = 0.02-4.77 ng/mL
- Healthy adult females= 0.06-6.88 ng/mL
- Healthy adult males= 0.02-1.23 ng/mL
- The secretion is influenced by time of day, physical exercise, sleep , stress, nutritional status, and is regulated by a number of factors like growth hormone-releasing hormone, insulin, glucose, insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I).
Aids in the diagnosis of:
- Hormone deficiency, including delayed puberty and small stature in adolescents.
- Hormone excess, associated with giantism in young children or adolescents and acromegaly in adults.
- Used to evaluate growth hormone replacement therapy